Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Four climbers found dead in their tents on Everest

Nepali sherpas have found four climbers dead in their tents on Mount Everest, officials said, with suspicion they died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

It takes the death toll on the world's highest mountain to ten in the past month.

The four climbers were found overnight in two tents at Camp Four, at 8,000 metres, Mingma Sherpa of the Seven Summit Treks group, to which the sherpas belonged, said in Kathmandu.

It was not clear how they died and their identities had not been established.

The Himalayan Times reported that two of the dead were foreigners and rescuers believed they had suffocated.

"It is most likely they died from carbon monoxide poisoning by using their stoves in the tent without proper ventilation," US climber Alan Arnette, who blogs on Everest, said in a post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only News

EL News

Blog Widget by LinkWithin