Sunday, December 20, 2015

China landslide: Many missing after buildings collapse in Shenzhen

Dozens of people are missing after a landslide engulfed 22 buildings at an industrial park in the southern Chinese city of Shenzhen.

About 900 people were evacuated, and four were pulled from rubble with minor or no injuries, the local government said. No fatalities have been reported.

Shenzhen's fire brigade said it was working to free other trapped people - state media say 59 remain missing.

Two workers' dormitories are among the affected buildings.

State media quoted officials as saying 36 men and 23 women were missing and that "signs of life" had been detected at three separate locations.

An area of 20,000 sq m (24,000 square yards) was covered with soil, the Public Security Bureau's firefighting bureau said.

Ren Jiguang, the deputy chief of Shenzhen's public security bureau, told state broadcaster CCTV that most people had been moved to safety before the landslide hit.

Some 1,500 firefighters are at the scene, the Guangming New Area Government said on its official page on the Sina Weibo micro-blogging site.

Local media reported that the soil that came loose had been dug up in the past two years in construction work and was piled up nearby...........http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-35144579

20/12/15
--
-
Related:
At least 27 people were missing as landslide which swept through an industrial park in Shenzen southern China buried more than 20 buildings in a sea of mud and triggered a gas explosion on Sunday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only News

EL News

Δημοσιεύτηκε από Geo Kok στις Πέμπτη, 11 Φεβρουαρίου 2021
Δημοσιεύτηκε από Geo Kok στις Παρασκευή, 12 Φεβρουαρίου 2021
Δημοσιεύτηκε από Geo Kok στις Πέμπτη, 11 Φεβρουαρίου 2021
Blog Widget by LinkWithin