Thursday, September 12, 2013

Φουκουσίμα: «Δεν είναι ανησυχητική» για το περιβάλλον η διαρροή ραδιενεργού ύδατος.


Οι επιπτώσεις στο περιβάλλον από τη διαρροή ραδιενεργού ύδατος στον πυρηνικό σταθμό της Φουκουσίμα δεν πρέπει να προκαλούν ανησυχίες, διαβεβαίωσε σήμερα ο πρόεδρος της Ρυθμιστικής Αρχής της Πυρηνικής Ενέργειας, ο οποίος κινήθηκε στο ίδιο μήκος κύματος με τον ιάπωνα πρωθυπουργό.
"Δεν μπορεί ν' αρνηθεί κανείς ότι ραδιενεργό ύδωρ διαφεύγει στη φύση, αλλά δεν υπάρχει λόγος για υπερβολική ανησυχία όσον αφορά τις επιπτώσεις στο περιβάλλον", τόνισε ο Σουνίτσι Τανάκα.

"Δεν πιστεύω ότι όσα είπε ο 'Αμπε είναι επιστημονικώς αβάσιμα. Ωστόσο, είναι απαραίτητο να ληφθούν μέτρα για να σταματήσει η διαρροή. Το ότι λέμε πως δεν είναι ανησυχητικό δε σημαίνει ότι δεν πρέπει να κάνουμε κάτι", πρόσθεσε.

Από τον Τανάκα ζητήθηκε να σχολιάσει τις καθησυχαστικές δηλώσεις του ιάπωνα πρωθυπουργού Σίνζο 'Αμπε, το Σάββατο, ενώπιον της Διεθνούς Ολυμπιακής Επιτροπής, πριν ανατεθεί στο Τόκιο η διοργάνωση των Ολυμπιακών Αγώνων του 2020.
Απαντώντας σε ερώτηση μέλους της ΔΟΕ για τις πρόσφατες διαρροές ραδιενεργού ύδατος στη Φουκουσίμα, ο 'Αμπε τόνισε: "Μη βλέπετε τους τίτλους των εφημερίδων, αλλά την πραγματικότητα. Οι επιπτώσεις έχουν περιοριστεί σε μια ζώνη 0,3km2 στο λιμάνι της Φουκουσίμα και "δεν υπήρξαν, δεν υπάρχουν και δε θα υπάρξουν προβλήματα για την υγεία".

Ο 'Αμπε διαβεβαίωσε ότι "η κατάσταση είναι υπό έλεγχο και ότι δεν έχει προκληθεί και δε θα προκληθεί ποτέ καμία ζημιά στο Τόκιο".

"Το χειρότερο που θα μπορούσε να συμβεί για τον πυρηνικό σταθμό είναι ένας σεισμός ή ένα τσουνάμι που θα κατέστρεφαν ό,τι έχει γίνει μέχρι σήμερα", πρόσθεσε.
Η εταιρεία Tokyo Electric Power (Tepco) "δε διαχειρίστηκε το πρόβλημα των διαρροών με τον κατάλληλο τρόπο", παραδέχθηκε ωστόσο ο Τανάκα, ο οποίος εξέφρασε την ικανοποίησή του για την απόφαση της κυβέρνησης να αναλάβει η ίδια τον έλεγχο των επιχειρήσεων.
"Η πυρηνική αρχή θα λάβει και αυτή μέτρα για να σταματήσει το πρόβλημα των διαρροών", τόνισε.

Ο Τανάκα προειδοποίησε τέλος ότι πρέπει κάποια στιγμή να απορριφθεί στη θάλασσα ραδιενεργό ύδωρ, το οποίο είναι αποθηκευμένο στις δεξαμενές "εφόσον φιλτραριστεί σε ένα αποδεκτό από τη διεθνή κοινότητα επίπεδο".
imerisia.gr
11/9/13
--
-
 

6 comments:

  1. S.Korean waters adjacent to Japan unaffected by radioactive materials...

    SEOUL, Sept. 12 (Xinhua) -- South Korean waters adjacent to Japan were not affected by radioactive materials, the Oceans Ministry said Thursday, easing public concerns over possible contamination of fisheries products.

    No or traces of radioactive materials were detected in six South Korean sea areas close to Japan, according to the Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries. The result was based on the analysis conducted last month by the ministry and the Nuclear Safety and Security Commission (NSSC).

    A minuscule of radioactive substance was found in some waters, but the maximum was 0.00190 becquerels per kilogram (Bq/kg), lower than the five-year average detected prior to the Fukushima power plant incident.

    The 2011 deadly earthquake in Japan melted down nuclear reactors at the Fukushima power plant, leading to the leakage of around 300 tons of radiation-contaminated water from the melted fuel to flow into the Pacific Ocean every day.

    A week earlier, Seoul banned imports of all marine products from eight prefectures surrounding Fukushima, which was seriously polluted and damaged by radiation.

    Fears mounted over Japan's fisheries goods among South Korean people, causing a drop in consumption of all marine products.

    The ministry said no radiation was detected on fishes caught in South Korean territorial waters, citing its separate test."This test proves that marine products from our sea areas are safe from radiation,"an official at the ministry said.
    http://english.cntv.cn/20130912/102828.shtml
    12/9/13

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fukushima ‘not under control’ – TEPCO official refutes PM's assurances...

    A senior TEPCO official contradicted Prime Minister Shinzo Abe by saying the radioactive water leakage at the crippled Fukushima plant is not under control.

    The official, Kazuhiko Yamashita, was asked his opinion of comments by Abe regarding the Fukushima Dai-ichi Nuclear Plant to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in Buenos Aries last Saturday.

    "I think the current situation is that it is not under control," Yamashita said at a hearing in Koriyama City, Fukushima Prefecture, on Friday before further apologizing for the leaks.

    In reaction to Yamashita’s comments, Democratic Party of Japan Secretary-General Akihiro Ohata told reporters the prime minister should fully explain what led him to his pronouncement last week.

    Following Yamashita’s comments, however, TEPCO released a statement clarifying Abe’s position.

    “It is our understanding that the Prime Minister intended his statement ‘the situation is under control’ to mean that the impact of radioactive materials is limited to the area within the port of the power station, and that the densities of radioactive materials on the surrounding waters are far below the referential densities and have not been on continuous upward trends. According to this understanding, we share the same views.” .....http://rt.com/news/fukushima-under-control-tepco-819/
    13/9/13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Φουκουσίμα: η ραδιενέργεια αυξήθηκε κατά 30% σε ένα 24ωρο...

      Στο προβληματικό πυρηνικό εργοστάσιο «Φουκουσίμα» σημειώθηκε και πάλι διαρροή ραδιενεργού ύδατος. Σύμφωνα με τον φορέα εκμετάλλευσης, η κατάσταση είναι εκτός ελέγχου.

      Κατά τις τελευταίες τρεις ημέρες, το επίπεδο του τριτίου (υπερβαρύ υδρογόνο) στα υπόγεια ύδατα της Φουκουσίμα έχει αυξηθεί περισσότερο από 20 φορές και συνεχίζει να αυξάνεται.

      Τον Αύγουστο, σε μια από τις δεξαμενές του σταθμού σημειώθηκε διαρροή. Στο περιβάλλον απελευθερώθηκαν περίπου 300 τόνοι ραδιενεργού ύδατος, που ήταν αποθηκευμένο στο εργοστάσιο μετά την ψύξη των αντιδραστήρων. Το περιστατικό αυτό ήταν το σοβαρότερο μετά την καταστροφή του Μαρτίου του 2011.
      Διαβάστε ολόκληρο το κείμενο: http://greek.ruvr.ru/news/2013_09_14/242512034/
      14/9/13

      Delete
  3. Japan shuts down last nuclear reactor...

    Thirty months after the Fukushima nuclear disaster, Japan is set to become - at least temporarily - a nuclear power free country by shutting down the last of its 50 atomic reactors.

    Kansai Electric Power Co's 1,180 MW Ohi No.4 reactor in Fukui Prefecture is set to be disconnected from the power grid on September 15 and will be shut down indefinitely for maintenance and inspection.

    This will be the first time Japan is without nuclear power since July 2012. Prior to the earthquake and tsunami that destroyed the Fukushima power plant in March 2011, Japan generated roughly 30% of its electrical power from nuclear energy. Japan is turning to fossil-fuel alternatives to fill the gap.

    "Safety is important, but if you waste time, that too has an effect on safety. The Fukui nuclear power plant sites have a long history and respond to risks. My position is therefore different from other prefectural governors," said Fukui Governor Issei Nishikawa as Japan was in the process of deciding which reactors were safe to restart based on new nuclear regulations introduced in July.

    A number of nuclear power operators applied in July to reopen under new rules adopted after the Fukushima disaster. However gaining approvals will not be easy as industry regulator are still worried about the safety concerns, following continuing contamination of ground water from the leaking water storage tanks at Fukushima. Industry projections for a re-start vary from as early as December to mid-2014. Shikoku Electric Power's Ikata plant, Kyushu Electric's Sendai plant and Hokkaido Electric's Tomari plant are among those likely to be the first to re-start.

    "The argument that no nuclear power dents the economy would be myopic, considering that if by mistake we had another tragedy like Fukushima, Japan would suffer from further collateral damage and lose global trust," Tetsunari Iida, head of the Institute for Sustainable Energy Policies told Reuters.

    The catastrophe of March 11, 2011, caused the meltdown of nuclear fuel rods at three of the plant’s reactors, leading to a contamination of air and sea, as well as crippling the region’s agriculture and fishing activities, gravely damaging the economy for years to come. On top of this, costs required for the clean-up, as well as to sustain the nation’s needs and compensation pay-outs, are projected to be in the billions – a fact that has recently caused the Japanese government to step in and start contributing money to TEPCO’s efforts.
    http://rt.com/news/japan-shuts-last-reactor-878/
    15/9/13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suit against Fukui reactor restarts fails ...

      The Otsu District Court on Thursday rejected a demand by Shiga residents to halt the restart of nuclear reactors at Kansai Electric Power Co.’s Takahama and Oi plants.

      The decision clashes with a ruling made by another district court in May that disallowed the restart of two reactors at the Oi power plant in Fukui Prefecture. Kansai Electric is appealing that ruling.

      In Thursday’s ruling, residents of Shiga argued that the many geological faults in the vicinity could cause stronger earthquakes and tsunami than currently anticipated.

      Both nuclear plants have four reactors each. Two at each plant are being screened by the Nuclear Regulation Authority based on tougher safety requirements imposed following the triple core meltdown in Fukushima in March 2011.....................http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/11/27/national/suit-against-fukui-reactor-restarts-fails/#.VHcOoWfm75M
      27/11/14

      Delete
  4. TEPCO accepts US offer to aid dangerous Fukushima cleanup...

    Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) has accepted Washington’s offer to help with the cleanup and decommissioning of Japan’s Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant. The move comes as TEPCO prepares for the major operation of removing fuel rods from Unit 4.

    TEPCO president Naomi Hirose said the decision was made Friday when US Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz visited the nuclear plant.

    “Secretary Moniz and I became consistent through our talking today with the necessity of further strengthening cooperation, to contribute to the nuclear power and decommissioning industry not only between the two countries but throughout the world, by sharing and accumulating technology and knowledge towards the stability and decommissioning of the power station,” Hirose said in a statement published on TEPCO’s website.

    In 2012, Japan and the US created a bilateral commission to strengthen engagement on civil nuclear issues.

    A Japan-US commission is set to meet in Washington, DC on Monday to exchange opinions on Fukushima emergency response and regulatory issues.

    TEPCO’s president said he has “high hopes” that Japan will “benefit from US to experience and expertise at Fukushima Daiichi."

    "We will work together to tackle many challenges toward decommissioning," Hirose said in an interview with Japanese public broadcaster NHK.

    On Friday, US Energy Secretary Moniz visited the crippled Fukushima plant to inspect preparations to remove fuel rods from a storage pool at Unit 4.

    Escorted by Hirose, the US official also visited other facilities at the plant, including storage tanks for contaminated water and radioactive water treatment units.

    "It appears that spent nuclear fuel will begin to be removed from Unit 4 as scheduled in mid-November," said Moniz, the highest ranking US official to visit Fukushima since a March 2011 earthquake and tsunami caused a series of nuclear meltdowns at the plant.

    The fuel removal at Unit 4 is said to be the toughest and most dangerous operation for TEPCO; one wrong move could result in horrific quantities of radiation being released into the atmosphere or cause an explosion many times worse than the original disaster.

    Reactor 4 contains 10 times more Cesium-137 than Chernobyl did. Scientists have warned that another nuclear disaster could be the beginning of an ultimate catastrophe for the planet. The mid-November fuel removal operation will be just the first step in a decommissioning process that is expected to take decades.

    Moniz has stated that the cleanup operation “has global significance” and that “we all have a direct interest in seeing that the next steps are taken well, efficiently and safely.”
    http://rt.com/news/fukushima-tepco-us-aid-139/
    2/10/13

    ReplyDelete

Only News

EL News

Δημοσιεύτηκε από Geo Kok στις Πέμπτη, 11 Φεβρουαρίου 2021
Δημοσιεύτηκε από Geo Kok στις Παρασκευή, 12 Φεβρουαρίου 2021
Δημοσιεύτηκε από Geo Kok στις Πέμπτη, 11 Φεβρουαρίου 2021
Blog Widget by LinkWithin